Google
 

My DonCard: (courtesy of DonCard.net)

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Arcade Purchase/Review- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night



Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was released on the arcade today, so naturally I trialed it. There was one thing I noticed as I went to download it: this game takes up a little over 90 MB, meaning it's the first ever arcade game to break the previous limit of 50 MB. As I loaded up and played SOTN for the first time, I was not disappointed.
This arcade game appears to have something others lack completely: a plot. There are cutscenes, messages, and conversations that all occur throughout the game. Graphics are nice (creepy looking, which is a good thing when done right), musical score is excellent, and gameplay seems like it'll be VERY long. So, my only complaint is the inability to save from anywhere. I've gotten pretty far in so far, but have not yet found a savepoint, meaning I'll have to start from scratch again tomorrow. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it'd be nice if I could save whereever I want.
Overall rating: 9/10

No comments: